Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Juror's Award


 I won a Juror's award! I know to some this is not a big deal but for me this is the first time I have won anything for my art, and it wasn't a school juried show, it was out in the real world. This is making me a bit more happy and confident in my abilities (at least as a printmaker).



This piece was featured in the SEA 2nd Annual Art show, and though the gallery was small, the variety of artworks was enormous, and featured a plethora of disciplines. I definitely became infatuated with some of the ideas and works of the other artist there.

   Overall the SEA conference was a blast, I came back with vast amount of new knowledge, but more than that I came back with a huge amount of motivation, especially for my current Graphic Design project : a graphic novel. There at the conference there was another artist who also did a graphic novel as one of her projects, and she had a printed version of hers, it really made a bit envious (here's her Graphic Novel blog). But the highlight was stalking an established Illustrator Micah Farritor and asking him a bunch load of questions about accomplishing my project, admiring his work, and learning to better myself in the Illustrator world. There was another major highlight and that was meeting Janet Bloch and having her review my portfolio, I believe that this was enough by itself to make the trip worth it. But the combination of them all made the trip spectacular, it was definitely worth taking off those couple of work days, what I lost in cash I  have gained in confidence!

1 comment:

  1. I will load the digital scan of the piece later along with a bunch of other prints

    ReplyDelete